HAWC is committed to providing quality water service for residential, commercial and municipal uses.
The Walnut Ridge Water Company Inc. was founded in 1977 and the Hampstead Area Water Company Inc. (HAWC) was established in 1989. In 2002, Walnut Ridge Water Company, Inc. merged into HAWC and has continued to grow into the second largest privately owned water system in New Hampshire. During the last 40 years, HAWC has established water systems in 12 communities throughout southern New Hampshire. HAWC currently owns and operates 22 water systems serving approximately 3,400 customers.
Hampstead Area Water Company, Inc. is regulated by the New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services and the New Hampshire Public Utilities Commission.
HAWC is proud to provide the best water services possible to our customers.
You may notice HAWC in your neighborhood or at the well house in your area. HAWC’s water operators inspect and perform routine maintenance of the water system and all well houses. All HAWC employees drive clearly marked vehicles and are required to carry photo identification cards; which will be furnished upon request. HAWC contracts Hampstead Area Water Services Company (HAWSCO) to complete service work, such as system repairs, water service repairs and new water service connections. Occasionally you may see HAWSCO employees in the vicinity of your home. HAWSCO employees also drive clearly marked vehicles. If at any time you have concerns, please contact us at (603) 362-4299.
Water Operators & Technicians:
Richard Bibeau – Water Operator and Supervisor of Operators & Technicians
- Licensed Water Operator, Distribution Grade II and Treatment Grade II – State of NH Department of Environmental Services, Water Division, Drinking Water & Groundwater Bureau
- NH Licensed Master Plumber and Gas Fitter – State of NH Department of Safety, Division of Fire Safety
- MA Licensed Master Plumber and Gas Fitter – State of MA Board of State Examiners of Plumbers & Gas Fitters
- Certified Pump Installer – State of NH Department of Environmental Services, Well Water Board
Stephen Fournier – Water Operator
- Licensed Water Operator, Distribution Grade I and Treatment Grade I – State of NH Department of Environmental Services, Water Division, Drinking Water & Groundwater Bureau
Larry Frost – Water Service Technician
Management & Office Staff:
Emily McCann – Customer Service Representative
HAWC is not currently hiring however, applications and resumes are always welcomed. Click here for a printable copy of HAWC’s Employment Application.
Submit applications & resumes:
By Mail or Drop-Off:
54 Sawyer Ave
Atkinson, NH 03811
Applications & resumes can be dropped off at the address above; either walk-in or use the “drop-box” located at the top of the stairs, directly below the window.
Send to email@example.com
Questions about HAWC? Please feel free to contact us.